Covid-19 Emergency Food Relief For The Rural Poor In Imo-State Nigeria
VAWEF has launched phase 2 of fundraising emergency food relief to help the rural poor in Oyam district of Northern Uganda and Imo-state South-East of Nigeria impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The goal is to support the poor and most vulnerable with food and basic survival requirements targeting about 2000 recipients.
Phase 2 relief response
The Phase 2 relief response is due to the overwhelming hardship, poverty, and desperate need for nutritious food and basic healthcare requirements witnessed by our team on ground in the region.
With the success of Phase-1 of COVID-19 relief response lunched in July 2020-31st of November 2020, VAF was able to help individuals and communities affected by the impact of the pandemic, with the following relief assistance:
- 1,500+ Food parcels delivered to the poor in Imo-state.
- 1000+ masks distributed to local communities in Imo-state Nigeria
- 1000+ people in Imo-State equipped with COVID-19 awareness and hygiene kits
- 300+ Basic healthcare assistance related to mental health issues
- 250+ women sign posted and referred to relevant authorities for redress against domestic violence.
Donate to help us
Continue to deliver lifesaving supplies and support to communities in Oyam district of Northern Uganda and Imo-state South-East of Nigeria impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Van Brakelstraat 17A
- 2518VV, Den Haag The Netherlands
- Tel: +31(0)684907334
- Website: https://www.vitalaid.org
- Stichting Vital Aid foundation
- Bank: ING Bank
- Account Number:NL17 INGB 0002 0574 72
- BIC: INGBNL2A