Who we are
Vital Aid Foundation (VAF) commenced work in The Hague Nederland on November 23rd 2004 as a not for profit organization.
Our main mandate is to effectively facilitate the integration of the minority and the migrants into Dutch society and culture. In order to realize this, VAF strives to create conducive environment that will encourage immigrants to participate fully in optimal innovative and productive use of their intellectual capacities in all dimensions of life.
Based on this goal, VAF has designed and implemented a wide range of projects, programmes and activities that involve migrants of various cultural backgrounds, age groups and socio‐economic status.
In all its activities, Vital Aid foundation pays special attention to the most needy and vulnerable sections of the migrants community, particularly the women, youths and children.
VAF is also committed to individualised and long-term assistance to its beneficiaries, advocating for the strategic use of social enterprise and providing commercially viable business activities in the countries where we work, as a tool for social rehabilitation and economic empowerment of women and children who come from devastating background of conflict, poverty and abuse.
Further VAF provides emergency assistance and disaster preparedness programs with the goal of anticipating and preventing humanitarian crises.
The following are our core areas of activates:
- Integration for migrants and new comers.
- Migration and development.
- Socio-economic rights of women & Children.
- International disaster response and humanitarian assistance.
Our vision is to see that human suffering and poverty is alleviated so that the marginalized and underprivileged have equal access to development opportunities and better life.
- Build strong, reliable and productive relationships with local and government institutions in places where we work;
- Establish collaborations and partnerships globally in dealing with humanitarian and migration crises;
- Support income-generating activities and joint venture partnership that aim at improving the living standard of the disadvantaged particularly women, children and the youth;
- Enhance and mobilise community participation in poverty eradication especially at grass root level by establishing centres for poverty eradication;
- Work together with micro-finance organisations to establish viable credit schemes for the poor and disadvantaged so as to enable finance their income generating activities;
- Participate in all forms of humanitarian assistance and educate those who are exploited and marginalized to understand their rights and responsibilities;